Frankly it is amusing to me that most people are agorists even though most either do not even know the word at all or simply associate it with anarchism. The word agora is from Greek and it simply means market. Now today the first thing anyone wants to do with anything is politicize it. Capitalist, socialist, etc, must be inserted into any discussion about a market.
That is mostly a fallacy though. When spoken of in the form of agorism, we are discussing the market that is, always has been and will always be there when humans interact at any meaningful size of a group. The fact that this dynamic exists is a lot like photosynthesis in plants. You can make photosynthesis political, you can drag it into global warming or what ever, but in the end photosynthesis is a process plants use. Plants don’t have a agenda when they do it other than to survive, thrive and reproduce.
Agorism is the same, a simple process humans engage in. Today we examine that, why it matters and why harnessing it is one of the single greatest steps toward liberty anyone can take.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The quote of the day and how it relates to our topic
- A reminder about episode two of the new agorist podcast Unloose the Goose and a preview of our next topic
- Exactly what is agorism in the most basic sense
- How you know the state fears agorism more than any other form of activism
- Examples of agorism
- Running a poker night
- Running a food service from your kitchen
- Selling mead, home made wine, etc.
- Working “under the table”
- Working “above the table” by choice
- Trading any item or service for any other of said same (private barter)
- Anything where you are buying or selling 100% by the free will of both parties
- Why agorism is so powerful and why so many do not understand how powerful it is
- What most activists miss about the power of agorism
- What 100 extra dollars a month means to a person or family
- Why any liberty activist that is not first working for their own liberty is only fooling themselves
- The close relationship between all natural systems, permaculture, etc. and agorism
- Final Thoughts – Agorism really is a “natural state” for humans to operate in
- Wrap Up with the CoVid Minute – “mUh uKnOWn LoNg tErM eFFeCts”
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- An Agorist Primer by Samuel E Konkin
- Running with the Crowd – The Charlie Daniels Band
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.