Today’s TSP Amazon Item of the day is Viva Doria Brazilian Pink Peppercorns. These are one of my favorite cooking “cheat codes” they have so much flavor and are just plain unique.
So What are Pink Peppercorns?
Pink peppercorns are not true peppercorns, but are actually the dried berries of the Brazilian pepper tree, which is native to South America.
They are often referred to as “pink peppercorns” due to their similarity in size, shape, and color to true peppercorns, which are the dried berries of the Piper nigrum plant. However, they have a completely different flavor and are not closely related to true peppercorns.
So Why Would you Want Pink Peppercorns?
Well, are you looking for a unique and flavorful addition to your spice collection? Look no further than pink peppercorns! These delicate, fragrant berries are the perfect finishing touch for any dish, adding a pop of color and a hint of spice.
But pink peppercorns are more than just a pretty face – they pack a punch of flavor that will elevate your dishes to the next level. With a subtle sweetness and a hint of heat, these peppercorns are the perfect balance of flavor and aroma.
And the best part? Pink peppercorns are incredibly versatile, making them a must-have in any kitchen. Use them to add depth and complexity to rubs and marinades, or sprinkle them over salads and roasted vegetables for a burst of flavor. They’re even great in sweet dishes, adding a subtle kick to cookies and cakes.
Here are Some Great Ways to Use Pink Peppercorns
Pink peppercorns can be used to add a light, floral flavor to a variety of dishes. They work well in both sweet and savory applications and can be used to season a wide range of foods. Some ideas for using pink peppercorns include:
- Sprinkling them over salads for a light, floral kick
- Using them to season grilled meats, such as chicken, steak, or pork
- Adding them to fish dishes for a delicate, floral flavor
- Mixing them into a spice rub for roasted vegetables
- Using them to flavor homemade salad dressings
- Adding a small pinch to sweet dishes such as cakes, cookies, and desserts for a subtle, floral flavor
Pink peppercorns can also be used as a decorative garnish for dishes due to their attractive pink color. They can be used to add a pop of color and flavor to a variety of dishes.
These things are also must softer than regular pepper as well so you don’t need a grinder. I personally just lightly crush them in my mortar and petal then use them as you would used typical pepper.
So why wait? Add Viva Doria Brazilian Pink Peppercorns to your pantry today and experience the flavor explosion for yourself!
* Remember you can always find the TSP Amazon Item of the day by just going to TspAz.com and by shopping at TspAz.com anytime you shop on Amazon you help support TSP and the work we do here no matter what you buy.
P.S. – My Favorite Use for these guys is a Pink Peppercorn Crusted Steak, here is how to do it flawlessly.
- 1 pound steak (such as sirloin, ribeye, or tenderloin)
- 1/4 cup pink peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat your grill or skillet to high heat.
- Place lightly crushed pink peppercorns in a shallow dish.
- Brush both sides of the steak with olive oil and season with salt.
- Press both sides of the steak into the pink peppercorns, coating the surface evenly.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- If your using a skillet drop in a knob of butter near the end and spoon it over your steak to finish
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve with your choice of side dishes. Enjoy!
Note: You can also use this pink peppercorn crust on other types of meats such as chicken or pork. Simply follow the same procedure and adjust the cooking time as needed.