Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:55:57 — 33.2MB)
I have been podcasting for 15 years and decided now was a good time to simply discuss what podcasting itself has taught me. It’s been a wild ride, a journey of self-discovery, growth, and endless lessons. When I first started, I was armed with nothing more than a cheap MP3 recorder, doing my podcast in the car on my commute to work. But after a year and a half, I took the plunge, quit my job, and set up a proper studio. Over time, I’ve learned that podcasting is much more than just recording conversations; it’s about connecting, inspiring, and evolving.
In this episode of “Lessons from 15 Years Behind the Mic,” I’m taking a trip down memory lane, revisiting the highs and lows, the challenges and victories, and the many lessons learned along the way. I’ll share the wisdom gleaned from countless hours behind the mic, the mistakes that brought valuable insights, and the rewarding moments when a listener reached out to say how an episode made a difference in their life. It’s a candid reflection of my journey and a way to give back to the community that has given me so much.
I believe that the power of podcasting lies in its ability to foster connection and create a sense of community. Over the years, I’ve interacted with listeners from all walks of life, and it’s these interactions that have shaped the show and my own personal growth. I’ve learned the value of authenticity, resilience, and adaptability in this ever-changing landscape. Whether it was navigating technical difficulties, dealing with criticism, or juggling the demands of life and work, each hurdle has been a stepping stone to growth and a testament to the power of perseverance.
So, tune in as I delve into the heart of podcasting, sharing personal anecdotes, insights, and tips for those embarking on their own podcast journey. Remember, success in podcasting, as in life, doesn’t come overnight. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and the journey is just as important as the destination. It’s my hope that by sharing my experiences, I can inspire others to embrace the journey, the challenges, and the joy of podcasting. After all, it’s the lessons learned along the way that make the journey worth it.
Join me Today to Discuss…
- Getting into podcasting – motivation and beginnings
- Challenges in the early years of podcasting
- Evolution of the podcast – content and style
- Proudest moments or episodes
- Biggest mistakes and lessons learned
- Overcoming the urge to quit
- Consistently generating fresh content
- Navigating technical aspects and related challenges
- Role of listener feedback and interaction
- Leveraging niches – preparedness, permaculture, and entrepreneurship
- Impact of podcasting on personal and professional life
- Balancing podcasting with life and work
- Advice for new podcasters
- Reflections – would anything have been done differently?
- Future of the show – what’s next?
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key – npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- Join the MSB Here
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Get Your Tickets to the 15 Year Anniversary Party Here
- The Exit and Build Accelerator Program
- EtekCity Lantern Set – Item of the Day
Video Version of this Podcast
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.