In episode 1487 I asked you guys what you wanted to hear about in the last regular episode of the year, the topic of low cost to start up businesses seemed most popular so, so be it.
I am a little leery of doing this show, because the what of a business is actually less important than the why, how, execution and passion of a business. So I am going to ask you guys to do me a favor and use these ideas more as a think tank stye of things rather than, “Jack says these are good ideas”.
In the end a business is about trading value for value, one need only do that efficiently and one becomes profitable.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Exactly what makes a business successful
- Why owning a business is the best way to earn a living
- Deciding on a business based on 6 major attributes (abilities)
- Why in the end passion for success is so important, not necessarily passion for product
- 20 Businesses you Could Start Cheap and Make Successful
- House Cleaning
- Child Care (rife with legal problems)
- General Handyman
- Pet Sitting/Walking
- Cooking/Catering/Home Meal Prep
- SPIN Farming
- Pooper Scooper – Yes I am Serious
- Organic/Local Food CSA Middleman
- Social Media Maniac
- Plant Leasing and Maintenance
- Pond Weeds to Compost
- Home Staging – Real Estate Consulting (not agent stuff)
- Back Yard Nursery
- Tree Pruning and Firewood
- Debt Collections – The Ethical Way
- Power Washing
- Pool Care (above ground is a great niche)
- Tour Guide – be creative, very creative
- Deck and Fence Cleaning/Staining
- eBay Consignment Trader
- Fishing – Hunting Guide
- Vacation Planner – (on the ground, not a travel agent)
- In the end remember it is the why, how, execution and passion of a business not the product
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Pre Register for the Plant Propagation Course
- The Year 1490
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – Warren Pear Tree – The Warren Pear tree is highly adaptable from zone 5 to zone 9.
It is an excellent quality dessert pear and the tree is highly resistant to fire blight. It produces medium to large, long-necked fruit with pale green skin, sometimes blushed red. Smooth flesh with no grit and it is juicy and buttery with superb flavor.
Cold hardy down to -20 degrees F and ripens early August.. It is a good keeper, requires only 600 chill hours and is self-fruitful. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.