I see 2023 in two ways. The first is a coming economic shit storm like nothing most living Americans have ever seen. I am talking get ready to reminisce about the good old days, like the dot com crash and the 08-09 recession. The other side is extreme opportunity for those who are prepared for it.
Now before you get too excited about the “opportunity”, I have a question are you prepared for it. The goal of the Fed right now is to cap inflation and do so by causing a recession on purpose. The Fed believes it can do this and control it with enough accuracy to cost ONLY 4-6 million Americans their jobs.
On top if it they have jacked up rates so that mortgages currently are costing buyers about 7.6%. That rate sounds crazy but as previously stated it is not that far about “normal” for the majority of the lives of most Americans over 35. Interest rates have consistently been in the range of 5-7% and as high as 18% during the late 70s and early 80s. What was not normal is rates under 4% and dipping well below 3% for almost a decade.
The Fed also dumped gas on their own fire working with government to try to restart the economy after the 08-09 recession which they and the government caused by using QE and buying the shit out of bad debt. They made money cheap and caused losses to vanish like a fart in the wind for the banks, which also make up the Fed, funny that no.
Then CoVaids hit in 2020, the government had what can now be confidently called the greatest over reaction of all time! They basically brought huge pieces of the economy to a total stop, printed money like it was going out of style and then gave it away to the masses in “stimulus checks”.
This all stoked real estate prices in many markets to stupid high prices because people are well, effing STUPID. People have stopped caring about hosing prices and only tend to think of a mortgage as akin to a rent. I have heard many “home owners” call their house payments rent. In other words, what does it cost me a month to live here is way more important than the price of the house.
All well and good until prices come down and/or rates go up, reducing the pool of buyers. Toss a “mild recession” onto this and stand the F back! The economy is about to burn in many ways. The Fed is acting like Dr. Frankenstein thinking they can turn the economy off and back on again like reanimation of the dead.
History has shown playing with forces you don’t understand is dangerous, but playing with forces you think you understand, when you have great power, is even worse. No entity in the world currently has more economic power than the Federal Reserve. They work in concert with the largest assembly of powerful fools in the world (the US government) and we are all about to pay the price for it. That said, back to where we started, if you are actually prepared, the time of opportunity is at hand. Sadly most are not and the time to become prepared is almost fully gone.
It’s coming, faster than you might think.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- How we got here
- I told you that this would happen, on the record in June of 2020 – link
- Key Factors were
- Cheap money
- Free money
- Free Rent (eviction moratoriums)
- Mass “migration”
- Key Factors were
- The Fed is losing money but it doesn’t matter, they bailed themselves out at your expense – link (follow Lyn Alden on Twitter)
- Layoffs are coming and hard to sectors that pay well – link to news search for layoffs
- What does it mean if you are not prepared
- Your job is at risk
- You may be trapped in your current home for some time
- Your investments and savings are at risk
- Crime will likely continue to increase
- The US will continue to slip in its role as the dominant global power (turnings change global sturcture)
- Stocks will likely continue to decline for a time, we haven’t hit “the moment” yet nor “the fall”
- What does this look like if your prepared
- The whole world is going to go on sale, again
- It doesn’t mean you won’t be hurt but the gain is likely more than sufficient to offset things
- Bitcoin will truly be tested – more on this tomorrow
- It may be the best time in the world to build a business but…
- No specific sector is safe, it is how/where you approach what
- You will have to out work or out smart competitors
- Capital will be expensive if you need to borrow it
- Stocks will likely be exceptional investments once we get past “the moment” and “the fall”
- Outside business/investing now is the time to
- Get healthy
- Be more economically efficient
- If you are not where you want to be & can get there do it
- Accept that politics is a game designed by psychopaths, run by sociopaths and play by fools
- Get effing organized and realize the assets you already have
- Try to be like your grandparents (if your young great grandparents) in your soul
- Yet accept your time in history is different, there is no going back
- Final Thought – 2023 will be one of your best years or one of your worst, its gonna be all on you
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Video Version of Todays Episode
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.