Today is the first of quite a few TSP Classic episodes that will be coming in October. Consider that this month I have the following events and you will understand why.
- Oct 3-11 I am in Colorado for vacation and the Self Reliance Expo
- Oct 15-20 I am running the Urban Permaculture Workshop at our homestead
- Oct 25-27 I will be in Louisiana for the earth works workshop as a guest instructor
That is 18 out of 31 days, so I gotta do it. But I plan to make it fun, a lot of fun and the shows will have new introductions, the history segments and comments setting the old episodes in current context.
Today we discuss Airsoft and Airguns for training. Given the current cost of ammo I felt that this episode was very timely considering when I recorded it ammo was in three words, abundant and cheap.
Wednesday and Thursday this week will be new episodes and we should have a typical Friday show recorded before we leave.
Also today I cover a bit about the non event everyone is freaking out about, the “government shut down”.
Tune in today to hear…
- Some of the different options in Airsoft weapons from spring to gas to AEG (automatic electric guns) we give an over view of them all
- The value of all metal gas blow back airsoft pistols for training new shooters in practical pistol applications
- How Airsoft can let you shoot more often, right at home and for less money so you stay sharp
- Why even those “cheap plastic spring pistols” have a lot of value as training aids
- The accuracy of reproduction of may airsoft weapons and how it accelerates the learning curve for new shooters
- The unique safety advantages of a brand new shooter that makes coach a better coach
- Using airsoft to replace fear of firearms with respect for them
- Taking the step up to conventional air guns and their additional advantages and disadvantages
- Thoughts about moving new shooters from airsoft into rim and then eventually center fire shooting
- How spreading the sport of shooting and responsible firearms ownership protects the second amendment
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1218
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- 10 Ways a Government Shutdown Will Affect Your Daily Life – WTF is wrong with this journalist? None of this effects our daily life unless you work as a non essential federal employee.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.