Figured I would though some change ups at you guys this week so skipping the typical Monday feedback show for a back to basics episode. I think sometimes we get too deep in the weeds with advanced topics and forget to return to the fundamentals from time to time, with the most basic needs. So today I am going to basically interview myself by answering 12 questions that will get most people in the right mindset about prepping.
This should be a good show for everyone. It should help new people get off to a great start, help the seasoned peppper realize where a few things may have slipped and even be a great show to share with people who say, “why do I need to prep anyway, nothing ever happens here anyway”, I mean that is the first question we answer today.
Join Me Today as I Discuss…
- Why should I bother to prep, it is safe where I live and nothing ever happens
- Why should we start telling the ant and grasshopper story to our kids again
- From the fires in California, to recent flooding to third world disasters what do they all have in common
- What is impact scale and threat probability and how does it impact your preparedness plan
- What are your six primary survival needs and how do you go about seeing to them
- Food – store it
- Water -store it
- Energy – back it up
- Security – gear, procedure and protocols
- Shelter – maintain it and have a plan to bug out
- Health and Sanitation – keep supplies, have a plan to eliminate waste, get basic training
- How important is it to own guns, store ammo, etc.
- What is the best way to be prepared for power outages
- How much food does a family really need to store
- What is the most important yet least expensive item most families don’t have but should
- What role does gardening/homesteading/etc play in preparedness
- Why is debt elimination critical to a prepared lifestyle
- What is career resiliency and why should it never be overlooked
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Nothing Grows in the Shadows – Jake Owen
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.