Today we are going to cover 12 guiding principles of permaculture. I also expand each one and explain how they directly apply to the overriding concepts of modern survival philosophy.
Tune in today to hear the 12 Permaculture Design Principles and Alternative Views of Them…
- Observe and Interact – or – Be a Part of Things
- Catch and Store Energy – or – Be an Ant not a Grasshopper
- Obtain a Yield – or – Get an ROI on Your Efforts
- Apply Self Regulation and Accept Feedback – or – Don’t Kill the Golden Goose
- Use and Value Resources and Services – or -Be Efficient to Become Independent
- Produce No Waste – or – Make Use of Everything
- Design from Patterns to Details – or -Be an Artist and Step Back for a Longer View
- Integrate Rather than Segregate – or -Understand the Power of Teams
- Use Small and Slow Solutions – or – Focus On What You Can Do First
- Use and Value Diversity – or – Practice Risk Reduction
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal – or – Seek Alliances Not Conflicts
- use Creativity and Adapt to Change – or – Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1225
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- LetMBee.com – Jason’s Website
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.