Thanks to the media and Hollywood many people want to often differentiate themselves as preppers or homesteaders vs. a crazy “survivalist”. Personally I have a big problem with how the main stream has bastardized the word survivalist and refuse to let them change the meaning of the word.
Survivalist is made two parts
Survival – The state or fact of continuing to live or exist, typically in spite of an accident, ordeal, or difficult circumstances.
Now I simply would as you did you wish to “continue to live or exist” or not?
The next part is the suffix ist, that suffix means as follows, “one that performs a (specified) action”.
Hence a survivalist is one that performs in a way that they will continue to live in spite of an accident, ordeal or difficult circumstance. Frankly that sounds like most people I know even if the typical sheeple don’t do this, most of them at least want to continue to exist.
So my term I coined back in 2008, and to my knowledge I was the first to do so is “modern survivalist”, and as I coined the term I get to define it, I do so as follows,
Modern Survivalist – a human being who living in modern times is aware of both the risks and resources available to us in the current era who then utilizes said knowledge for the purpose of continuing to live well despite accidents, ordeals or difficult circumstances.
Summed up as “living a better life if times get tough, or even if they don’t”. This resulted in my Modern Survival Philosophy made of 12 Tenets of Living that Better Life in the face of any catastrophe from the personal level to the global level.
Today’s show takes those components to a higher level based on the thought process. Today’s show is both a starting point before the 12 tenets and a continuation after you have absorbed them. So if you have never been though my 12 tenets before listening to this episode,
If you have listened to them, you may want to do so again, after todays show and see the bridge between these two concepts.
Join Me Today As I Discuss the Process of Awakening and Empowerment
- Accept that there are many things to fear in our future
- Immediately recognize fear as having only one use, awakening
- Vanquish fear with knowledge and action
- Prioritize based on order of probability/cost
- Accept that others don’t want to know what you know yet
- Define your dreams, yes I am dead serious
- Build value in both your portfolio and your life
- Accept that you will never be fully prepared
- Embrace the life of your grandparents with modern technology
- Never allow another person to define your questions for you ever again
- Make lots of friends in your neighborhood, lots of them
- Begin skill set development, based on your personal interests
- Accept that you are responsible for your own life and permanent victimhood is a choice
- Value yourself as much as others value you, stay alive and happy for others
- If you must take the lead in your family, just do it, but be nice about it
- The best way to convince others is by success not incessant evangelism
- When something goes wrong for someone you know, be the FIRST responder
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Mint
- TSP Gear
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.