Yesterday was honestly a bit of a clunky show for me. Sorry if it seemed that way, you can’t always bat 1,000 you know. Anyway it ended up in a good place, it forced me to ask some hard questions and to realize a few things should be discussed here. Specifically in regard to freedom. Things we discussed many times but now we should discuss with a direct personal application.
Some things we must understand about freedom in order to have it
- First – no one can define freedom for you nor can you for another. This is actually anti freedom.
- Secondly – what some would consider total freedom others might consider total slavery and vice versa.
- Third – if you have to withdraw to a place you don’t want to be in order to be free you are not free.
- Fourth – if you are to have other people in your life your freedoms must be balanced with theirs.
- Fifth – if you are to have freedom, others must be able to do things you don’t like, do not approve of, etc.
- Six – the current state of the world is not freedom, so you will have to fight for every piece of it you take back, or you have to be strategic. There is no third option.
If the fourth sounds like socialism to you (as in the statist way) check your perception bias at the door. Here I am talking about close voluntary associations like a spouse, a family or perhaps may be an intentional community.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- A story of freedom, that may not be your freedom
- Why what you do matters, is only half the equation
- The way moral people are divided by those in power based on morality
- Why we can’t change the system with the system, nor should we
- The modern system is actually anarchy absent the non aggression principle
- Ways we can begin to break the programming
- Non reactionary discussions
- Focusing on morality over facts and issues
- Focusing on morality over feelings
- Building teams, coalitions, co-ops you name it
- Following the lead of the Free State Project
- Not going away quietly all the time
- Yes going away quietly at times
- What you have to ask yourself
- What do I actually want, do you even really know
- What do I have to sacrifice for that
- How much sacrifice will cause me more harm than good
- What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses
- What direction are you headed in
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1712
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Harvest Eating– (sponsor of the day)
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
- Like a Rock – Bob Seger
Bob Wells Nursery “Plant Of The Week” – Black Spanish Grape The Black Spanish is a juicy grape with blackish-blue skin that is good for juice, jelly or wine. It is a heavy and regular producer that is resistant to Pierce Disease and mildew.
The Black Spanish grape is the “Best” variety for growing in the deep South due to its unparalleled disease resistance. The wine produced by the Black Spanish is similar to a Merlot or Cabernet wine.
Ripens August to September and benefits from cane pruning. Grows in zones: 6 – 10
Bob Wells specializes in edible landscape, including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Fruit Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.