Rod Woods is practicing regenerative agriculture and permaculture on 2.78 acres in New Braunfels Texas. I personally love talking about doing permaculture and homesteading on land of this size. There seems to be a big focus on urban scale and broad scale stuff but not much on 2-10 acre parcles.
To me this is disappointing because such land parcels are what most homesteaders end up with when they flee HOAs and city life but don’t want to move out to the middle of nowhere at the same time.
Rod Joins Us Today to Discuss…
- Why he started homesteading
- Why he has focused on “organic methods”
- What he sees as the secret to compost tea
- Why he says that he grows dirt not plants
- Why he feels permaculture is a “missing link”
- Lessons from nine years of gardening and raising sheep and chickens
- Where Rod is now and where he hope to move next on the journey
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1668
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- This Hard Land – By Bruce Springsteen
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.