One of my favorite people on planet earth, Marjory Wildcraft of Growing Your Groceries and Back Yard Food production joins us once again on TSP. Today Marjory joins us to discuss how we can get best utilization of our livestock when the time for slaughter comes around.
As someone that eats a lot of meat I know where my meat comes from. I try to grow at least some of my own and while I never enjoy taking a life it is the only way meat becomes that wonderful nourishment most of us consume.
The thing is though if you are going to kill an animal that you have raised it makes a lot of sense to honor it by fully utilizing all of the resources it contains.
While a few of Marjory’s ideas are beyond even what I or for that matter she does it is good to know every use for every part of a slaughtered animal, the abundance we take for granted today of course may not be quite so abundant tomorrow.
Join Marjory and I today as we discuss the following list of uses for animal parts after slaughter…
- Hides and furs
- Brains (yep)
- Hooves and skins
- Adrenal glands
- Tendons and sinew
- Eyes (not me but some do it)
- And lucky rabbits feet, LOL
Resources for Today’s Show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Mint
- TSP Gear
- Back Woods Home Magazine – (sponsor of the day)
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- GrowYourOwnGroceries.com/tsp – All TSP Listeners Get 10% off and Free Shipping – MSB MEMBERS DO NOT USE THIS LINK! – Log into your MSB Account for you own special link and get 25% off and free shipping as part of your MSB Benefits.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.