Note – there is a MSB discount in today’s show it will expire on Sunday night. It is mentioned at the end of the house keeping segment.
What Will a U.S. Economic Collapse Look Like? More important than what it looks like may be what will the consequences be? Survival fiction is full of ideas about this concept that range from a second period of time like the great depression to the total end of all civilization. As usual my opinion is that most often the reality is closer to a middle ground. Today we will examine some current issues and consider what it would mean for us if the dollar collapses.
Join me today as we discuss…
- First could I be wrong about the false recovery – could this be as good as it gets before the next crash?
- What is an Alt-A Loan and what happened to FAS 157
- Then a blast from the past as I replay part of my show from July, 23rd 2008 about FAS 157
- Exactly what could really trigger the next crash
- Why the big banks are “making nice” with the Feds
- The danger that we lack skills in this nation
- The lack of any real savings in America
- The debt that has not gone away
- The ostriches that simply think it can’t happen to me because they made it this far
- When food fails so does everything else
- Return of the “large family”
- Fleeing to and away from cities – the death of the suburbs
- Why you should act now, not tomorrow
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Shelf Reliance – (sponsor of the day)
- Backyard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- The Full Show That I Pulled From Today
- Why Alt-A Resets are Not as Bad as Many Say
- Option ARMs may be worse that ALT-A
- The False Recovery
- Mike Gasior’s Article – A Wonderful Fiction
- Mike Gasior’s Video I Played on the Air Today
- US Treasury Rates
- Federal Funds and Federal Discount Rates
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.