A week ago I floated the idea of a new group, the TSP-DRT or The Survival Podcast Disaster Response Team. Due to a large number of both positive and negative responses on Friday I released a blog post explaining it a bit more in depth. Today I will lay out a true vision for the DRT with far more details and a better explanation of the role I see the DRT playing in the future.
I will also lay out my concepts of a vetting process for DRT Team members along with minimum level training/certifications. Additionally I will tell you why I feel such a new group is necessary rather then TSP simply joining or partnering with an existing group.
From there I will lay out my concept for on going training, drills, community outreach and “musters” along with how we can ensure that on site responders are aware of the DRT and can understand how to best utilize our assistance.
There are two primary goals with today’s show…
- Explain the DRT Concept Fully to the TSP Community
- Provide a vision and starting point to the DRT Leadership Team
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- Why the DRT and why now
- Why we really do need to do this as an individual group
- Why I will only be an adviser to the leadership council
- Minimum level skills/training/certification required to be part of DRT
- The operations manual and making it available to other responders
- How responders/LEOs will be able to vet our team members in seconds
- How DRT will be different by providing the “most needed” items on demand
- The need for initial drills, non-disaster deployments and musters
- The primary concepts I currently have for what the DRT will do
- Why those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those already doing it
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Copper
- ShelfReliance.com – (sponsor of the day)
- Free State Project – (sponsor of the day)
- Red Cross Claims their Sandy Response was “Near Flawless”
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.