Dr. Nate Storey is the co-founder, inventor, and CEO at Bright Agrotech, an innovative vertical farming start up on the high plains of Laramie, Wyoming. Nate and the Bright Agrotech team seek to empower commercial producers and home growers alike to grow a lot more nutritious produce with less space with their ZipGrow tower technology.
Dr. Storey earned his PhD. from the University of Wyoming in Agronomy researching aquaponic production and different creative live distribution models to help farmers live better. His research was in direct response to the many barriers there are to getting into farming and living well as a commercial producer today’s world.
Not only is the cost of land and equipment going through the roof, but also new farmers face substantial costs when harvesting and packaging their produce. A cost that Dr. Storey sought to dissolve with ZipGrow products. This technology allows the farmers to outsource the ha rvesting and packaging their crops to the consumers in turn giving the customer the freshest produce possible.
Join Us Today for a Discussion on Growing More in Less Space Including…
- What’s wrong with the current food system
- Why should we be growing some/most of our own food
- What exactly is aquaponics
- Why grow food vertically
- Are there any inexpensive ways to get into aquaponics
- What fish work best in aquaponics systems
- How small should as system be before it is too small
- What is zip grow and why is it cool
- How can packaging be eliminated from the food system
- Where can you learn more about aquaponic systems
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1271
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.