Jeffrey Tucker is CEO of Liberty.me and publisher of Laissez Faire Books. Tucker is also a Distinguished Fellow of the Foundation for Economic Education, an adjunct scholar with the Mackinac Center for Public Policy and an Acton University faculty member. He is past editorial vice president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and past editor for the institute’s website, Mises.org.
Jeffery joins me today to discuss, bitcoin, digital cities, the bright future of liberty, freedom as a do it yourself project. Few people I have met are as articulate as Mr. Tucker when it comes to explaining why government should never be trusted with money, the way I heard him put it during one speech was,
“The government should not be trusted with money,…….ever,……., under any circumstances,………at all,………ever,……..as in never.”
I laughed at that but I also agree more and more every day with the premise. It is funny that two people as different as Jeffery and I have actually walked such a similar ideological path, from conservative, to libertarian to the edge of anarchist simply do to observation of government malice.
We have also both walked a path from financial reformist, to gold standard supporter to abolishing all government currency in favor of private market exchange and embracing the hope represented by digital currencies.
Join us today for a enjoyable discussion on freedom, economics and changing society though individual and voluntary group action.
WARNING – If you support big government solutions of any kind, your head may explode during this episode!
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1295
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Get TSP Copper Sentinels
- TSP Gear
- Back Yard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- High Mowing Organic Seeds – (MSB Discount Vendor of the Day Free shipping on all orders)
- Liberty.me – Jeffery’s New Initiative
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.