Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally Episode-123- There is No Downside to the Survival Lifestyle and was originally and was first published on Jan. 15th, 2009.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Today we examine some misconceptions about what survivalism is, how survivalists prepare and what actually being a survival minded person is all about. The media paints us all as camouflage fatigue wearing, war game playing, gun nuts that live in bunkers full or rice, beans and MREs. Nothing could be further from the truth…
Tune in today to hear…
- How you save money as a survivalist vs. blowing your life savings on MREs and Guns
- Why storing food will make you sleep better at night and not cost you a penny more then you will spend on food anyway, if you follow the mantra, eat what you store and store what you eat
- How being prepared helps you live a longer, healthier stress free life
- Why you are better off as a prepper even if nothing ever happens and something always happens sooner or later
- Why prepping and survivalism is for everyone but modern media hype turns off so many
- The reality that the good guy doesn’t always win and what it means to you
- How realizing your own mortality leads people into practical common sense survivalism
- How businesses save money with capital deferrals and so can you
- Why stored food often out performs many investments
- Yes guns are a great investment (no guys you can’t now use this excuse to buy every gun you want, don’t tell you wife I said that)
- More in developing independence from multiple systems
- What we can learn about prepping from failures by dieters
- Why silver and gold are good long term insurance policies that have no down side
- The greatest survival investment is knowledge and skills
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.