Today’s episode was originally, Episode-534- Prep? Save Money? Or Enjoy Life? and was first published on Oct. 19, 2010.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
A question I get often is some variation of the following….
- When do I stop prepping for a while and simply save some of our money?
- When have I invested enough into prepping and should just start blowing some money once in a while?
- How do I stay positive in the face of all the problems headed our way?
In essence these folks are asking at the core of things….
- Is there hope in spite of the danger?
- Is it okay to just have fun in spite of what might be coming?
- Is there a such things as a “maintenance mode” as a prepper?
The nice thing is the answer to those last three questions are yes, yes and yes.
Join Me Today as We Discuss…
- A quick refresher on commonality and probability
- Exactly what is “money” anyway, why do we have it
- What is life all about, what are we surviving for?
- Setting your personal goals, the big ones
- Time to debt freedom
- Time forward in self reliance
- Percentage of self sufficiency
- Where you will go if you have to leave
- How you want your daily life to be
- What you need for basic comfort
- What you need to be truly happy
- What level of physical security do you desire
- What level of financial security do you desire
- How much redundancy do you want
- The reasons most people won’t ask these questions
- They require you to be 100% responsible for yourself
- The answers are subject to your self imposed limitations
- We have been conditioned to think focusing on what we want is selfish
- The resulting answers require massive action
- We all have a desire to “fit in” on some level, even me
- Your plan is going to require sacrifice for some period of time
- Why you can make it happen
- In the end you make the decisions
- You have the courage to ask the questions
- It ain’t as hard as “they” make it out to be
- We don’t have to prepared for “the end” just change
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Members Support Brigade
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.