Today’s episode was originally, Episode-284- 20 Simple Steps to More Independence and was originally published on September 25th, 2009.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
I am broadcasting from home today (very early by the way) because I have to go out on a location to do some film work and won’t have the option to upload the show from my office. I didn’t want to leave you with out a Friday show so I knocked one out at the house before I left.
Today’s show is all about ways you can start to become more independent. My challenge to you is to pick one or a few of them to do right away.
Tune in today as I discuss…
- Buying an ounce of silver a month
- Build a compost bin or a worm farm
- Plant a few permanent producers
- Put together a 7 gallon tub of storable foods
- Find out what committees your congressmen is on and call them about something not in the news
- Learn to identify 6 edible wild plants in your area, try cultivating 1 or 2 of them
- Learn to make wine or mead
- Learn to make bread
- Learn to make biltong
- Learn to make one new meal a month from storable and/or fresh items
- Learn to grind and use ground wheat
- Take a good quality firearms training class
- Learn to reload ammunition and cast bullets from lead stock up some components
- Build a simple green house
- Build or buy a solar oven
- Gain basic construction skills (volunteer if you have to)
- Start a blog or write a book
- Take a 15 minute or longer walk alone daily
- Create your vision
Resources for today’s show…
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.