Today’s episode was originally, Episode-917- 11 Common Gardening, Permaculture and Homesteading Questions and was originally published on June the 7th, 2012.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
When I speak or do videos or even do a podcast there are common questions that always seem to pop up.
Given that is the case I figure most people could learn from at least a few of them, so today’s show is dedicated to answering some of the more common ones and a few of the more complex ones.
My feeling is that in many instances people over think some of these issues and in other areas many people simply under think them.
In many ways we simply need to understand that nature knows what she is doing, on the other hand we need to understand nature so we can best channel the existing energies.
Join Me Today As I Answer….
- Is it really best to grow from seed or start plants as seedlings
- If you do hugelkultur does it mean you never have to water
- How long does the wood “last” with hugelkultur
- How can I do contour based design if my land it totally flat
- How do I deal with clay soil, sandy soil, etc.
- Do swales become “weed beds” once established
- Do you need to inoculate soil to encourage fungal activity
- How do you know when to practice “chop and drop” in your climate
- In a 7 layer forest system how do herbs and ground covers obtain enough solar exposure
- How do I develop a “seed mix” for my climate, region, need, etc.
- The big ones, “but what if” and “can I”
Resources for Today’s Show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- My Permaculture Principles Video Series on Youtube
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.