Today’s episode was originally, Episode-42- Five Lies that Attack Individual Freedom and Liberty and was first broadcast on August 27, 2008.
This week I am tied up all week with the Spring Workshop, so I wanted to do something special with the rewind episodes. Today is the first of a two part series, and they are from VERY early in the shows history.
You will note in these episodes the problems we discuss are articulated in much the same way as we do today. What has changed is the solutions have become more evident, both due to our learning in this journey and due to evolution in technology.
Later this week we will take a journey to the Aguan River Valley of Honduras, hear the first SOTPA (state of the podcast address) then on Friday we will hear from listeners who changed their lives in the first year of the podcast.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Today’s podcast covers five lies that have been marketed to people by both industry and government and how they take away individual liberty and national freedom. This show is a long one but these were some things I feel honestly called to speak about and I have a great deal of passion for them.
I know many listeners are more interested in practical preparation but one can not separate survival mentality from individual liberty. Where as the sheeple follow the government and seek solutions from them, the individualist knows that he or she is the master of their own fate.
Today’s podcast may challenge some of your beliefs and might even make you angry at times. That just means is isn’t the same old – same old. Tune in to get my thoughts about,
- The lie that “its a consumer driven economy and there is nothing wrong with that” and how it is driving people and our nation into the oppression of debt.
- The lie of “no child left behind” and that “everyone should go to college” and how it is destroying our economy and making us dependent on illegal immigrant labor
- The noble professions no one goes to college to do and why we need quality people to do them
- The lie that “The Constitution gives us rights” and how that lie grants government power that it does not and should not have
- Why The Constitution does not “apply to Americans” and how it actually applies to humans
- The lie of class warfare and how it convinces you that you don’t have what you want because of some other group
- The class structure of Europe that we left behind and why it needs to stay there
- The lie that “you can’t do it” or “you can’t make it” with out government help and how the government is actually the problem that limits individual achievement
- The lie of being told what you want or told what is a success or a failure or what you need
- Why no matter who runs Washington we all still have the ability to declare individual liberty
- How we lost the attitude of “this family doesn’t take charity” and how that is killing us
- How the individual spirit and personal fortitude is stronger then any law, government or situation
- How many of the “poor” are really free and many of the most “successful” are enslaved by life and debt
- How your personal action, personal spirit and determination are your greatest survival asset
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.