Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-2050- A Current Look at the Great Lie of Dichotomy and was originally published on July, 25th, 2017.
The following are the original show notes from that episode..
Occasionally I mention the “false dichotomy” but I have not done a full episode dedicated to it since Episode-874 back in April of 2012. That is more than 5 years ago! Since that time many of my positions have evolved but the basic concept of the false dichotomy remains.
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and nothing more clearly illustrates it than this common scenario. I will post something on say facebook along with my opinion. In that ONE SAME post upset people will attack me for my view in the comments. That alone means nothing but here is where it gets interesting.
In that same set of comments I will be called both a
- Liberal democrat snowflake that needs a safe space
- And a hateful conservative republican that is to stupid and greedy to care about people
Or some such version there of! Isn’t this ironic? That two people that literally hate each other, will both hate me and accuse me of being the other side that also hates me? I ask you does this make any logical sense? No it doesn’t, until you approach the question from the right angle, when we ask why this happens, vs. simply if it makes sense, it actually makes perfect sense.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- The facebook conversation that brought us today’s show
- How you have been programmed to think this way since birth
- Why this method of programming is done and why it works so well
- How we now have the monkeys policing the monkeys but no one even knows why
- Why most people will never break free of this programming
- Why breaking free is good but may not seem so at first
- What good does it do one to break free from the false dichotomy
- How to spread this type of thinking without making yourself miserable
- The true freedom that comes from acceptance of this reality
- Final thoughts on dichotomy and system based control
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Online
- Tax is Theft Video I Played
- Time – Pink Floyd
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.