Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-907- Geoff Lawton on the Future of Permaculture and was originally published on May 23, 2012.
The following are the original show notes from that episode..
Since 1985, Geoff Lawton has undertaken 1,000’s of jobs consulting, designing, teaching and implementing in seventeen different countries around the world. Clients have included private individuals, groups, communities, governments, aid organizations, non government organizations and multinational companies.
In October 1997 Bill Mollison, upon his retirement, asked Geoff to establish and direct a new Permaculture Research Institute on the 147 acre Tagari Farm previously developed by Bill. Geoff Lawton developed the site over three years and established The Permaculture Research Institute as a registered charity and global Networking centre for Permaculture projects. Geoff Lawton is the managing director of The Permaculture Research Institute.
Geoff joins us on TSP today to discuss the future of Permaculture along with many other cool aspects of permaculture, earth works, unusual plantings, temperate climate exchanges for common tropical plantings, common sense environmentalism and how we can help the Permaculture Institute in its mission to create solutions to many of the worlds most insidious problems.
Links Geoff Provided on the Plants He Mentioned
- Austrian Hulless Pumpkin http://www.koanga.org.nz/shop/seeds/austrian-hulless-pumpkin
- Ethiopian Cabbage http://permaculture.org.au/2010/07/27/permacooking/
- Salad Mallow http://permaculture.org.au/2009/05/06/permaculture-main-crops-of-special-importance-salad-mallow/
- And Chia http://permaculture.org.au/2009/04/06/chia-crop-potential-and-uses/
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- The Permaculture Research Institute of Australia
- One source of Austrian Hulless Pumpkin Seeds I found – (Steria is an region in Austria)
- Geoff’s Article on Salad Mallow
- Source in the UK I Found for Salad Mallow Seed (yep they ship to the US, note I misspoke in the episode shipping was CHEAP, the seeds were expensive partly due to the dollar’s weakness to the Euro)
- You’re Gonna Miss This – Trace Atkins
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.