Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-386- Fishing a Part of a Sustainable Food Supply and first aired on February 25th, 2010. The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Today we are going to look at fishing and how it can be part of the modern preppers lifestyle for day to day living rather than in a capacity such as wilderness survival or bush craft. Our nation is blessed with millions of acres of accessible water for fishing.
Join me today as I discuss a variety of methods of having and utilizing wild fish protein…
- Focusing on what is locally available
- Targeting species with good food value, ease of harvest and high bag limits
- Insuring that specific techniques are legal in your area
- What trapping teaches us about fishing
- The technique of jug fishing
- What is limb lining
- What is a trot-line
- Combining multi species on trips for maximum harvest
- The secret of creating your own structure
- Sensible harvest and safe eating
- When all else fails grow your own fish
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- How to build jug lines with swimming noodles (look for a few posts by me with pics of my jug lines)
- Nice cat caught by a limbliner in a boat
- Good article on limb lines
- Good article on trot line fishing
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.