Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-1646- Let’s Talk About Liberty and was first published on September 17th, 2015.
The following are the original show notes from that episode…
I am getting an extremely late start today due to the new ducks arriving and a family emergency, so it is going to be a simple chat with Jack episode today.
Last night I listened to the republican debates, not really sure why, guess I felt I deserved some sort of punishment. What I heard was mostly a bunch of people not actually answer any of the questions, say how great they were, explain why the other people sucked, and so on.
When issues were discussed I sat with dismay at how clearly none of these people seem to comprehend liberty, which of course is supposed to be the foundation of our nation. Frankly these people seem to have a disdain for actual liberty.
What got me even more was this morning while driving to get the ducks and later supplies for them hearing people like Glenn Beck talk about “how good they sounded”, not all of them mind you but many of them. Glenn the self proclaimed independent libertarian commending what many of these people said.
This got me thinking, does my nation even comprehend liberty at this point? Sadly I don’t think by and large we do. So let’s talk about that today.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- What exactly is liberty
- What is the only valid purpose of law in a nation based on liberty
- When two individuals have a difference of view, how is a resolution found in liberty
- Why did we forget what freedom was all about
- We started out with freedom for some
- We became comfortable
- We asked the State to preserve our comfort
- The State was happy to do so
- We now think freedom is forcing others to comply
- How can we fight this, the ballot box is a fools errand and the rifle is a death sentence
- 10,000 paper cuts
- Teach others about liberty
- Be a political atheist (at least in discussing issues)
- Stick to principles, avoid people and polices
- Find pain points, discuss them
- Discuss how others feel about different issues
- Walk away
- The truth is, a person can only be free if they understand freedom, most don’t
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Duck Chronicles – Video Series
- Born Free by Kidd Rock
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.