Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-1582- Why Blind Patriotism is a Greater Danger than State Oppression and was originally published on May 27, 2015.
The following are the original show notes from that episode…
I could simply say as to today’s topic that blind patriotism is a greater danger to liberty than state oppression because the former enables the latter but that would be an over simplification. This is actually a highly complex and I believe a very important subject.
I have been struggling with how to explain what I have to say today for a long time. Yesterday I made two posts on facebook that stirred up some shit storms, the first was this in response to the outrage at a shirt with an upside down flag on it.
The second post was my overall feelings about the flag itself, where I express disgust at those who damage our flag but I also acknowledge their right to do so if said flag is their property.
The most concerning thing to me that people said in response to these posts was, “if you don’t like America the way it is, leave”.
Really? So should all of our forefathers that didn’t like slavery of left? Should all of our great grandparents that found it wrong that women could not vote have left? Should all of the people who found the 18th Amendment to be insane just have left America? Should the people who worked to pass the Civil Rights Act have just instead left America because they didn’t like the way it was?
I am sorry folks, America doesn’t work that way. Love it or leave it is not patriotic, it is the opposite of patriotism, it is simply saying accept the will of the State or shut up or leave. It is also extremely dangerous thinking, today we examine why.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- If you blame the individual solider you are part of the problem too
- A story of a Nazi solider that saved my father in laws life
- My post about the flag shirt and my follow up about the flag itself
- Be angry with the system, not those who have been fooled by it
- What it means when you place a symbol above the ideals it is to represent
- Why our nation should not be at war at all right now
- Why you can yes support our troops and not support their mission
- How your government actually views the military you revere
- Why those who served the longest and gave the most get offended by these things
- Why we should understand their offense and respect them as people
- Why American ideals in my view are actually anarchist ideals
- Why the most patriotic thing you can do is speak against your government when it is wrong
- The real danger of blind patriotism, and the larger danger of anarchist arrogance
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TspAz.com – support TSP when you shop on Online
- Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- TSP Android App
- TSP iPhone App
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.