Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-907- Geoff Lawton on the Future of Permaculture and was originally published on May 23, 2012.
The following are the original show notes from that episode…
Since 1985, Geoff Lawton has undertaken 1,000’s of jobs consulting, designing, teaching and implementing in seventeen different countries around the world. Clients have included private individuals, groups, communities, governments, aid organizations, non government organizations and multinational companies.
In October 1997 Bill Mollison, upon his retirement, asked Geoff to establish and direct a new Permaculture Research Institute on the 147 acre Tagari Farm previously developed by Bill. Geoff Lawton developed the site over three years and established The Permaculture Research Institute as a registered charity and global Networking center for Permaculture projects. Geoff Lawton is the managing director of The Permaculture Research Institute.
Geoff joins us on TSP today to discuss the future of Permaculture along with many other cool aspects of permaculture, earth works, unusual plantings, temperate climate exchanges for common tropical plantings, common sense environmentalism and how we can help the Permaculture Institute in its mission to create solutions to many of the worlds most insidious problems.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TspAz.com – support TSP when you shop on Online
- Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- TSP Android App
- TSP iPhone App
- The Permaculture Research Institute of Australia
- Permaculture Global
Links Geoff Provided on the Plants He Mentioned – Updated with New Sources
- Austrian Hulless Pumpkin http://www.koanga.org.nz/shop/seeds/austrian-hulless-pumpkin
- Hulless Pumpkin Seed – The Supplier is Victory Seeds so make sure if you are MSB you get your discount.
- Ethiopian Cabbage http://permaculture.org.au/2010/07/27/permacooking/
- Ethiopian Cabbage Seeds
- Salad Mallow http://permaculture.org.au/2009/05/06/permaculture-main-crops-of-special-importance-salad-mallow/
- Jew’s Mallow AKA Salad Mallow Seeds
- And Chia http://permaculture.org.au/2009/04/06/chia-crop-potential-and-uses/
- Chia Seeds
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.