Last week I discussed a YouTube video called “The Tool Box Fallacy” (a video by Passion of the Nerd on YouTube) and I challenged you guys to state a life goal that you have been holding back on due to this fallacy. So far six audience members have written in and told me the goal they had and the metaphorical needed tool box that was holding them back and stated their intention to just get it done.
Well 6 people willing to step up is enough for me so today we are digging into this at a deeper level. The basics of the Tool Box Fallacy is that people use things they claim they need but don’t have to avoid getting things done. If I had a gym membership I could get in shape, etc.
This is likely the number one excuse type in modern America today, that people use to avoid changing their lives and accomplishing great things.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- Quote of the Day – “Procrastination is like a credit card; it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill.”
- The Video that Started this, full audio on the podcast
- Six Listeners and What they are Gonna do
- Shawn – Handyman Business – Already started
- Bailey – Many things, diet, back to school, giving up tobacco, etc.
- Evelyn – Going to start a podcast
- Andy – Starting a blog
- Michael – Be a better husband, start a side hustle, get projects done, more
- John – developing the ability to code software
- What are you going to do
- The keys between making this happen and it being a new year’s resolution
- Do something, anything as soon as is reasonable
- Do something more
- Don’t stop
- The lesson here form law of life #11 about the walls in your dreams
- The four ways to get though the walls
- Install a door (get a tool box)
- Tunnel under or climb over (steal a tool box)
- Blow a hole in the wall (screw the tool box)
- Remove the wall (what tool box)
- Final thoughts – what is holding you back and what will you do about it
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Valkyrie on SongFacts
- Valkyrie – Asia
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.