Today we discuss heirloom vegetables and their unique role in survival planning. Tune in to today’s show to learn…
- The danger we face from “Monsantisation” of our food supply
- How Monsanto has used hybrids and patents to control agriculture across the globe
- The difference between heirloom seed, hybrid seed and genetically altered seed
- How you can build better strains of vegetables that are highly adapted to your region, naturally
- The need to keep proper distances to prevent natural hybridization of your heirloom plants
- How seed saving creates greater independence and sustainability
- How to select the best starting stock for your seed requirements
- The advantage that the home gardener has over the small scale farmer
- The importance of adding composting to your gardening plan
- The need for legumes in organic gardening
Remember that this podcast is not a lecture it is a conservation. Comment, suggest topics and let me know what you want to hear next.
P.S. – Remember to enter and participate in our Listener Appreciation Contest where you can win a free iPod Nano or another cool prise.