A tremendous number of you guys have asked me to take a look at a few new thermoelectric power generation items. One of the top items on the list has been the PowerPot. This device allows you to cook on just about any heat source and charge USB charging devices while doing so.
To meet the interest from the audience I wrote to the folks at PowerPot to request a sample and they were happy to oblige. I put the unit though its paces and tried out all the USB chargeable devices we own, it performed flawlessly. During this video we tested 5 devices. All worked and only one required the PowerPot Lithium 1800 Battery, that was the iPod Classic 5th Generation.
I also stated you get the Battery Pack when you buy the PowerPot but that was a mistake. They re actually 25 dollars extra but when you get your PowerPot at www.thepowerpot.com just use coupon code SURVIVALPODCAST and get a battery like the one in this video free with your new PowerPot. That is a 25 dollar value for free. That is a deal I worked out for all Survival Podcast Listeners, not just MSB Members.
The devices tested included…
- iPhone4s – worked both directly and with the PowerPot Battery
- Nokia E63 – worked both directly and with the PowerPot Battery
- iPod Nano 5th Generation – worked both directly and with the PowerPot Battery
- Morphi iPod/iPhone Back Up Battery Charger – worked both directly and with the PowerPot Battery
- iPod Classic 5th Generation – – worked with the PowerPot Battery but not with direct charge
I am highly impressed with the PowerPot! This is a great device for the backpacker, camper, remote fisherman or even just the person that makes tea everyday and wants free power as a byproduct.