Today we will explore some of the often considered as well as the often over looked characteristics that make up a perfect homestead for the survival minded individual in modern times.
Tune in today to hear…
- How “perfect” is possible but different for each family or individual
- The system of checks and balances that applies to all real estate choices
- The difference between a home with a job attached an just a homestead
- The importance of water availability on property and thoughts on ponds, wells, etc.
- Considering potential for both permaculture and argriculture
- Small Farm, Hobby Farm or Just a Garden -think about it
- Calculate your total cost of ownership before you buy
- Evaluation of the potential for annexation and increased taxes
- Considering insurance costs and requirements
- Distances from services, support and friends and family
- Off grid advantages and disadvantages
- The potential to run or operate a business or work from home
- Realistic cost reductions and unrealistic ones as well
- What is your version of my “back yard rifle range” – make sure you can have it
- Thoughts on being a good neighbor when moving to a new community
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.