Today we discuss creating a green house that is designed to be a self sufficient microclimate via the use of alternative energy tactics.
Tune in today to learn about…
- Using a rain catch system in a green house to provide its own irrigation needs
- Creating and automated watering system to make your work load lighter
- Using solar powered fans to cool your green house in the hot times of the year
- 12 Month a year Green House usage
- Using a more conventional roof with “skylights” and the advantages of that
- Using solar attic fans as a self contained cooling system
- Building with expansion in mind
- Learning the basics with a small project for use on a large scale
- Using solar screens to decrease warm weather temps
- Combating climate change (up or down) with a green house
Resources for today’s show
- Solar Screen Material – Not an endorsement up or down for this supplier they just have a good assortment of colors and options.
- Solar Attic Fans – Again not an endorsement up or down for this supplier just a decent assortment of fans to explain what I was talking about.
- Video with a Cool Rain Catching and Irrigation System – Not for a green house but the rain catch and distribution system may give you some great ideas. The rain water system is shown from about 10 minutes to about 18 minutes in if you don’t want to watch the entire video.
- Green House Fan Systems – Again not an endorsement simply provided as a resource to give you some ideas