Today’s podcast covers putting together a bug out bag (BOB), also known as the 72 hour kit or three day survival bag. In today’s show we cover things like what goes in a BOB, what type of bag is best to use, the purpose of a bug out kit and more.
Today we discuss,
- The purpose of a 72 Hour Kit – getting to safety not spending three days at home.
- Ideas for food items that keep you nourished on the go and are easy to obtain
- The advantages of a “back pack” over a duffel bag
- Ideas for wet weather and sleeping gear
- My view of what makes a good survival knife
- Rechargeable lighting options
- Making sure you have the ability to purify water
- The value of maps, a gps and a compass
- Why a poncho is not a good wet weather gear option
- Ideas to save space and weight
- Various “hard gear” equipment options
- Methods of self defense that won’t be confiscated by authorities during a disaster
- The value of a simple small tool kit
The list presented in the podcast is by no means complete. If you have ideas and suggestions please leave them in the comments below.
Resources for this podcast,
Daily House Cleaning Items
On Survival Gear and Options
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.