Many preppers seem to shun technology in exchange for more “primitive” skills such as bush-crafting and stellar/solar navigation. Personally I feel neither should be relied on to the exclusion of the other. For instance I carry a lighter in every kit I own but I also know how to make friction fire and I can fire steel as well. Each tool has its place and acts as redundancy for the others.
A fellow prepper once mocked my use of a GPS, I simply asked if he rode a horse to work on a daily basis. The point was received with that one question. Technology can be both a blessing and a curse, it is up to us to fully utilize it while still understanding its limitations.
Join me today as we discuss the following technologies
- Emergency Weather Alerts from The Weather Channel
- Google News Alerts
- Off the shelf back up power
- Solar/Hand Crank Radio
- Vehicle based GPS
- Handheld GPS
- Cell phones and apps
- Thumb Drives – Portable Data
- Lap Top Computers
- Digital Camera
- Ready.gov etc.
- YouTube (Download Helper)
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Google Alerts
- Video Download Helper (it is a FireFox extension by the way so you need to run FireFox to use, Internet Explorer sucks anyway)
- Email Weather Alerts from the Weather Channel
- My Video on Setting Up Weather Alerts by eMail
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.