Tune in today for a special edition of The Survival Podcast with Chef Keith Snow. Keith is the creator of HarvestEating.com which focuses on eating seasonally and cooking with food you can grow in your backyard of obtain locally.
He is also a daily listener to our show and shares many common ideals with the Survival Podcast audience.
So I thought who better to bring on the air in preparation for Thanksgiving then Chef Keith.
Whether you are going though having the “in laws” over for the first time or just want to have the best Thanksgiving meal you ever cooked, today’s show is for you.
Today we discuss the way to get a perfect turkey every time, how to make potatoes that are perfectly fluffy and other “non survivaly stuff”. The key though is that family is important and this is a time to pause, enjoy each other and just relax. So instead of some hard hitting Tuesday show let’s just all enjoy the kick off to the holiday season with Expert Council Member Keith Snow.
Tune today to learn…
- Simple steps to a perfect turkey
- Easy great gravy without the paper envelope
- Perfect and simple mashed potatoes
- Root veggies beyond the potato – parsnips, turnips, etc.
- Awesome roasted sweet potatoes with special secret ingredient
- A great way to do green beans
- Greens and Brussel sprouts for Thanksgiving, yep
- Sweet Potatoes – without the marshmallows
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1472
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
Chef Keith Snow’s Links
- Chef Keith’s Youtube
- Chef Keith on Twitter
- Harvest Eating on Facebook
- Keith’s Video on Turkey Roasting
- Keith’s Video with the Perfect Turkey Recipe – Boneless Breast
- Chef Keith Video on Making Gravy
- Chef Keith Video on Making Giblet Gravy
- Chef Keith Video on Cornbread Stuffing
- Chef Keith Video on Calibrating your Cooking Thermometer
- Chef Keith Video on Mashed Potatoes
- Chef Keith Video on Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Sage
- Chef Keith Video on Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Simple Apple Sage Stuffing
- Harvest Eating Recipe Index
- Harvest Eating Store
- Harvest Eating Blog
PAW PAW TREE Highly adaptable from zone 4 to zone 8 Also called “The Custard Apple” because of its delicious taste of vanilla custard. The trees grow to about 25 feet and the fruit is 3-6 inches long. They work best if you plant two for pollination. Some people refer to the Pawpaw as the “Miracle Fruit” and attribute their good health to it.
The tree makes an attractive ornamental tree as well. Pawpaw plants are easy to grow. Find this plant and more at Bob Wells Nursery. Bob Wells Nursery specializes in anything edible: fruit trees, berry plants, nut trees, as well as the hard to find specialty trees. Find them at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.