I am known as a staunch opponent of GMOs (genetically modified organisms) and with good reason. I loathe companies like Monsanto and consider many of their products as primary contributors to many of America’s modern disease epidemics.
What many don’t know is in the beginning I didn’t oppose GMO at all and had the same reaction many today have to those of us in the “anti GMO camp”. I figured all the anti GMO hype was nothing but a bunch of people afraid of science and some ultra natural purple breathing uber-hippies!
In the beginning the promise of GMO was things like corn that was more drought resistant and more pest resistant, who in their right mind would resist that if it could be done safely.
Five major things changed my view dramatically on this…
- The patenting of a life form and the persecution of farmers with cross pollinated seed
- The existence of a “terminator gene” and its danger of out crossing
- The modification of plants to be sprayed with dangerous herbicides which are then ingested
- The use of internal pesticides which create super bugs
- The use of herbicide resistant plants in creating super weeds
These things were not part of the original promise of GMOs, but they were in fact always the goal. This is typical action by companies like Monsanto who when caught hiding how they poisoned the people of Anniston Alabama, had a CEO that said, “I am proud of what we did”. Promise one thing and deliver another.
Join Me Today as we Examine the Dangers of GMOs and Look for any Positive Potential…
- What exactly is a GMO
- What are the five big dangers of GMO
- What happens when Monsanto practices “natural breeding”
- Could GMOs save the American Chestnut from extinction
- What could you modify a plant to do without chemicals
- Stronger, deeper, larger roots
- Develop higher brix levels
- Use less water for the same rate of growth
- Modification for mutually supportive guilds
- Resist disease
- Why I don’t trust the companies behind this
- Their track record
- The clear unintended consequences
- Quarterly returns trump honesty in big business
- The patenting of life forms
- The dangerous out crossing potential
- The historical misinformation campaign of lies
- The creation of farmer dependence
- The depletion of soil that this will continue to cause
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1463
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Monstanto Going Organic? Sorta Kinda.
- Could GMO Save the American Chestnut
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.