Long ago, in fact all the way back in Oct. 8th 2008 I did an episode called Getting Your Spouse On Board with Emergency Survival Planning. I have been told over the years that it has been very helpful to many about getting spouses (both male and female) on board, so it has served its purpose well.
Recently I have heard from quite a few people dealing with this issue and decided it was time to revisit the subject, I mean it has been 8 years! I prep today I listened to that show and realized it was very much geared with helping the on board partner talk to the reluctant one.
Today I want to take a slightly different approach and talk directly to the reluctant members of families with one person advocating for more preparedness. I originally didn’t do this because I felt that the number of reluctant folks who would listen would be low. While that is still a concern I thought it was worth this approach.
I am also not doing this show today specifically directed at spouses but really to anyone. This is simply a “why we prep” show but it will address things like reluctant spouses or other family members as well.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why people resist the concept of preparedness
- The “what could really happen” attitude
- Because it is uncomfortable to accept that there are dangers
- Because they think prepping is like the nonsense on TV
- Because learning and growth can be uncomfortable
- Fear of what you might have to give up or do without
- Fear your partner is going to go bat shit crazy with this stuff
- What basic preparedness is really all about
- First a few of the results of this show and community
- Taking care of your family and those you love
- Improving the quality of your life today
- Responsible money management, saving and investing
- Improving knowledge and skills
- Why women make great preppers when they give it a shot
- It is motherly to insure the comfort and safety of a family
- Women tend to focus on “the home” in an inward fashion
- Women are less distracted by tactical gear, gizmos and guns
- Women tend to place a high premium on safety
- Why every family should practice basic preparedness
- Things do go wrong, in fact they do so often
- Preparing is easy, regret is difficult
- When you are prepared you can often help others
- It will make your life better and your family stronger
- In the end, this is not about fear, it is about being empowered
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1914
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Amazon
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Get the Commercial Free Version of this Show
- I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Nash
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.