Chuck (Uzi4U2 on the TSP forum) has built a cabin from shipping containers in the northern Ozarks of Missouri. He spent 15 years in the Marine Corps as an NBC specialist and then Chief Warrant Officer.
Chuck served in Dessert Storm, the beginning stages of OIF and has spent considerable time on and near sea ports.
He has an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice and a Bachelor’s in Information System Management. He shoots as often as he can get away, and reloads and casts his own bullets to feed his hobby. Lastly, he is an Eagle Scout, which really began his interest in “Being Prepared”.
One day he decided to make a go of building a cabin from shipping containers. He also started a thread at the TSP forum chronicling his adventure that has become very popular. So he is joining us today to discuss how his project has gone, what worked well, what didn’t and how you can use shipping containers for your own projects.
He Joins Us Today to Discuss Building with Shipping Containers and Answer Questions Like…
- What exactly is a shipping container
- What is their history / how did they originate
- What are the dimensions of a basic shipping container
- What types are there, and what features do they share
- What are the strengths and weaknesses a container
- What are the pro’s and con’s of using a shipping container for construction
- What things go into the design criteria for a good shipping container structure
- How did you build yours
- What are some basic designs that would be simple to put together
- Can I bury a shipping container more importantly should you
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Pre Register for the Plant Propagation Course
- The Year 1508
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Chucks Forum Thread for his Build on the TSP Forum
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.