Today we discuss the recent events around the H1N1 variant of swine flu currently on every radar screen from local news to the CDC. Is the big pandemic finally here? Don’t get ahead of yourself there is a real risk of epidemic or even pandemic here there is also a large probability that this will end up being a non event and overreaction may be worse the the flu itself.
Today we discuss..
- This is an H1N1 and so was the Spanish Flu but these are not the same
- Have you found holes in your preps because this has made you evaluate them
- What effects might this flu have on the world beyond the illness itself
- Should you cancel travel to Mexico
- Is the media overreacting will that back fire long term
- No one died from this in the US yet, does that mean we are safe
- Why has the flu been fatal in Mexico but not the US
Resources for Today’s Show
- FireFox News on the Pandemic Threat – First survivalists are all artillery toting foil hat weary black helicopter dodging freaks. Then the plan is to follow what modern survivalists do every day. Nice huh?
- PandemicFlu.gov – Great Resource for planning and news.
- Region 5 Get Together
- Members Support Brigade
- Dirt Time 2009
- Lights Out Audio Preview
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.