I have been on a real tear about the economy and the 700 Billion Dollar Bail Out, AIG Buyout, etc lately. I decided it was time to shift gears and go into a totally different topic. Today we will go over what I feel are a few of today’s best values in firearms for everything from collecting, to self defense to putting meat on the table. I do still have a few things about the economy as well.
Please note I called the Auto Loan Bailout a 50 Billion dollar bail out, it is a 25 Billion Dollar Bail out at least in round one, they do plan to give them another 25 billion down the road. Sorry for the error.
Tune in today to hear my thoughts on…
- While we focus on the 700 Billion the Congressional Clows drop 25 Billion on the Automakers to bail them out
- My alternative plan yesterday was a “”better way to do it” not what we should do, no bail outs is the right answer
- If it does fall, do you really know what it will be like? Do the sheeple? What will it mean?
- Be careful what you wish for
- Call your senators and congress clowns, tell them what you think, not what I think
On Values in Firearms
- A bit on what exactly “surplus firearms” are
- The Mosin Nagant M44 (awesome value under 100 bucks)
- The Yugo SKS, still affordable if you want one buy now
- The 303 Enfield, still some affordable ones around, outstanding quality
- The Civilian Marksmanship Program at its’ requirements
- The M1 Carbine is gone in the surplus market, missed opportunity!
- The M1 Garand is still out there under 500 dollars via CMP
- The 1917 Enfield in 30-06 get one while you can
- The 1917 Barreled action 200 bucks for an amazing base to a custom sporter
- The Savage Rifle perhaps the best value for the money in a new or used bolt action sporting rifle
- HI Point is more then a “ghetto glock”
- The Hi Point 995 and 4095 carbines, more fun then a barrel of monkeys
- The Bersa Thunder 380 a cheap carry gun carried by off duty police officers (249 retail)
- Affordable used 38 Specials at gun shows, try about 100 bucks!
- The NEF/H&R Handi Rifle how about a 22 hornet, 30-06, 45-70 and 12 gauge on one frame for under 500 bucks
- The Marlin Lever gun, looked for used ones they still usually have a life time of service in them
- The Remington 870 Express, great deal, most popuplar and proven pump gun ever
- The Mossberg pumps, another great option
- Stay away from “tactical shotguns” – I explain why
- Still a place for the single shot gun, brand new, 80 bucks and proven, safe and reliable
Resources for Today’s Show
- 25 Billion for Ford, GM and Crysler
- How to find your congress critters contact information
- The CMP Program and its’ Requirements
- Marlin Firearms
- Hi Point Firearms
- Savage Arms
- Remington 870
- Info on the Mosin Nagant
- Info on the Yugo SKS
- Info on the M1 Garand
- Info on the 1917 Enfield
- Info on the Lee Enfield
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.