Today we are going to talk about one of the primary support planks that need to be in place for real modern survival living. It won’t be about storing food, the right guns, getting defense training or securing your property. All of those are incredibly important and there is a ton more that is important as well. That said, what is the primary leverage we use to get these things and many others done? The answer is money.
Money is a symbol for energy, that is what it really represents, whether human labor, natural energetic systems or man made automation, it is all about energy. In a sense real monetary economics is “thermo-economics”.
Simply put you do work, you get paid in “money” for that work. Your energy was used to charge an economic battery, now you can store that energy, apply it so that you get more energy back (investing) or spend it (convert it into something you want or need). This is a simplified view but sometimes a simplified view is the most practical for how it effects our lives.
With this view of economics we begin to understand the purpose money serves for the systems of control and then using economic martial arts we can redirect that to our own purposes. The truth is money is both the single biggest liberating force ever created, it is also the single most powerful tool of enslavement at the same time. The choice is yours, which is it for you today, and what shall it be for you tomorrow?
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- It all adds up, it either adds up for you, or adds up against you
- Frugality considers the long term cost, cheap considers the current cost
- Your ability to create income is your greatest asset
- Money isn’t everything, but those that win with money, usually win in life
- The power of the “side hustle”
- Done right they are low to zero risk
- Even the ones that fail make you better
- They can grow into large income streams
- They help you find your true purpose
- On employment
- Walk across the street to earn a dollar more
- Walk across the street to gain new experience even it if you get a dollar less
- Treat your job like being self employed with only one client
- Everything is or can be a side hustle
- Growing and selling plants
- Flipping products on ebay, craigslist, facebook, etc.
- More on aquariums and easy money
- People almost never cut spending on their pets needs
- Today people are too lazy or busy to clean their own homes
- Check out sites like “TaskRabbit”
- Mobile car detailing is simple and largely unregulated
- Create a local tour service that is actually unique and different
- Develop and use programming skills
- Start a food coop
- Franky make hobbies pay for themselves
- The golden rule, avoid mental masturbation about “some day”
- In the end it is your choice, you can make excuses or money, not both
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Dear Daughter – Halestorm
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.