Today’s survival podcast discusses setting plans and goals for self sufficiency in 2009 including how to improve your odds of succeeding with your goals and being accountable to yourself. This won’t be your typical news years resolution type of thing. Get ready to really ramp up your planning, preps and self sufficiency in the coming new year.
Tune in today to hear
- Simple ways to track your progress and be accountable to yourself
- Why most new years “resolutions” fail
- What we can learn from having to take a person to a hospital
- How finding the joy in your activities can drastically improve your accomplishments
- How setting more goals then you can achieve at first can help you learn to prioritize what you really can do
- Using free resources like Google Docs in your planning
- How we can look back fondly at childhood and recess and learn from it
- The lessons of the Great Depression (much of it was quite positive)
- As always you must work and strive to meet your plan not mine or anyone else’s
- Be it a garden, range time, money or weight oss the formula for success is the same
Resources for Today’s Show
- Stein’s Garden Planning Spreadsheet (right click and select save as)
- Forum thread with instructions to use Stein’s Spreadsheet
- Backwoods Home Article about The Great Depression (great read)
- Google Documents
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
Please get involved with Stockings for Soldiers as well.