Spring is coming! Well technically it was spring here in Texas 4 days ago, now it is winter again and it will be spring her on Thursday and Summer for a day on next Tuesday before returning to winter on the following day.
For most of the nation is it actually winter and it may seem spring is a long way off, but it isn’t. March 21st is the official first day of spring, that is only 63 days. For much of the country your last frost date is close to that time, perhaps only a few more weeks out.
Many seeds should be started in a protected environment about 6-8 weeks before setting out, translation, it is time to get those seeds ordered and started very soon.
Join me today as we discuss…
- The monetary case for starting seeds
- Some Cool Stuff to Consider for 2017
- Why starting indoors is a good idea
- Light and not all light is equal
- My New Favorite LED Grow Lights
- Creating constant temperatures
- The case for a grow tent
- Culling and “pricking out”
- Starting seeds in pots that are generally considered “direct sow”
- Seeds that should almost always be direct sowed
- Hardening off seeds
- Potting up the why and how
- Holding back in ground planting until you are sure
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1932
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Amazon
- Seed Starting Primer from 2012
- Kingbo 45 Watt LED Grow Light
- Seed Starting Six Packs I Use
- Giantex Indoor Grow Tent
- Sterilite 4 Shelf Rack
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- The Story of Southern Cross on Wikipedia
- Southern Cross – Crosby, Stills and Nash
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.