Jason Hanson is the author of SPY SECRETS THAT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE: A Former CIA Officer Reveals Safety and Survival Techniques to Keep You and Your Family Protected.
Jason is a former CIA officer, security specialist, and successful contestant on ABC’s reality show Shark Tank.
Hanson teaches everyday citizens to defend themselves at his Spy Escape and Evasion school. He has been interviewed by major media outlets for his security expertise, including The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and The Huffington Post. He currently lives in Cedar City, Utah with his Family.
He joins us today to discuss his new book, Survive Like a Spy, threats to our safety, surviving a kidnapping and more.
Join Us Today to Discuss…
- What is the #1 safety threat that Americans face right now
- Why did the CIA to allow Jason to share stories in his books
- What can the average person do to survive a kidnapping
- How can you tell if you’re being followed
- Is there a simple self-defense move that someone can do to stop an attacker
- What can people do to protect themselves against cyber threats
- How do spies recruit people to work for the United States
- What items should who travel a lot bring with them for their safety
- What is a dead drop and why do spies use them
- What is the tactical Jason’s favorite self-defense tool
- How long does it take to plan an actual CIA operation
- What can you do to be better prepared for the crazy world we live in
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- The Year 106
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Online
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing
- Aquatics and Aquaponics Playlist
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Man in the Wilderness – Styx
Sponsors of the Day
- Spy Escape and Evasion – Jason’s Main Site
- Spy Escape On Facebook
- Jason’s E&E Gun Belt
- Jason’s Tactical Pen
- Get Jason’s Book with Free Bonuses
- Spy Secrets Can Save Your Life – Jason’s First Book
- Survive Like a Spy – Jason’s Second Book
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.