Daniel Rogers works as a flight attendant and began prepping about a year ago. He states that he still has a lot to learn, but is trying to be a bit more self sufficient each day. Thanks to your The Survival Podcast, he has paid off most of his debt and become more self sufficient.
Daniel felt it would be helpful to have new preppers on the show, as it seems that our audience is still growing and a lot of people don’t know where to start. So has offered to kick off an ‘Adventure In New Prepping’ segment where we have a relatively new prepper on every so often to discuss things from this angle.
Since Daniel works as a flight attendant, he maintains a ‘get home’ bag at all times when I fly. Though he realizes that his odds of getting home could be very low in some scenarios.
David Joins Us Today to Discuss…
- How he learned about prepping
- Why he decided to start prepping
- What were his first steps as a new prepper
- How do you prep when you’re away from home so often
- What’s in his ‘get home’ bag
- What scenario most concern him based on his situation
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1296
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Darbysimpson.com – (discount vendor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.