I have carried the Cold Steel Spartan on and off for about 6 months now as part of EDC. It is a good knife and well built but not with out its flaws. Honestly I don’t really like it as an EDC tool but must admit it is a formidable self defense tool.
- Very solidly built
- The lock has amazing strength and zero play
- Good self defense tool
- Excellent feel in the hand
- Can be used as an impact weapon for non lethal use
- Opens extremely fast once you get familiar with it
- Despite being large carries very nicely due to the high clip placement
- Not practical for EDC, draws to much attention when in use
- Curved blade is not practical for any type of intricate use
- The over-sized handle is not practical for a lot of tasks
- Might be seen as a “weapon” by under informed LEOs
- Doesn’t open easily with one had, need to flick or pocket draw
This knife is a very good tool as a defensive weapon over all but not very practical for much else. They are available on Amazon.com for about 55 dollars. My recommendation only buy this knife as self defense tool or to add to your collection if you simply collect knifes of all types. It is a purpose built tool in my view and not the best thing for EDC.