Yes I know it is supposed to be a Monday feedback show but sometimes I am called or inspired to talk on a subject. After Friday’s rant about legalized cheating in the class room, I feel it is necessary to do two things to be “fair to educators”, as quite a few people have asked for that.
The first part won’t make those calling for fairness happy but it is about being fair, fair to the children in these systems of programming. In part one of the show I will further define the problem until it is so in your face you will only defend public education as it is, because you are vested in the system itself so deeply that the truth doesn’t matter.
I was also challenged with what is the solution, so part two, which will likely also not make anyone who wants me to be fair happy will focus on solutions. I find it funny that most who call for fairness don’t actually want fairness. In my view the current system is not in need of repair but obsolesce!
Industry has been obsoleting products for hundreds of years. Many of the products and services we personally used as children and found critical to our daily lives are long gone. So why do we hang on to a model of education created in Prussia in the 1880s in 2014?
Can we not do better than that? And bluntly should we turn to public officials, politicians and bureaucrats who live off this flawed system for a solution? Can we really expect that those who were created by the system, developed the system and profit from the system to fix it? Are we not simply fools, getting what we deserve if we actually expect that?
Join Me Today As I Discuss
- 15 ways I consider schools to be similar to minimum security prisons
- 18 signs that public schools are like prisons – from Lew Rockwell
- Only 1 school in the top 10 for dollars spent per student is in the top 10 for graduation rates
- The number of students in home school is now over 2 million
- Home school students consistently test in higher percentiles in all subjects
- 66% of home schoolers that start college graduate vs. only 57% of those from public school
- Going back to “the way it used to be” will not fix the problem
- The solution is “planned obsolescence”
- Create a common skills and knowledge base (to about 5-6th grade level)
- Create hundreds of options for completing the base
- Create thousands of options for education beyond the base
- Create thousands more options for “higher specialized education”
- Create our own private standards bodies at all levels
- Use an hybrid of nullification and obsolescence as a means to the end
- It is possible, it is doable but no one will do it for you, we have to do it together
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1363
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
- 18 Signs that Public Schools are Like Prisons
- Education Spending Per Student Per State
- Graduation Rates from High School Per State
- Home School Dominance Info Graphic
Today’s Conflicted Monday Scenario
If you could change one thing about the government today what would it be? How would this change benefit your country and benefit it’s people?
Last Week’s Conflicted Monday Scenario
Grocery stores and mini-marts have been ransacked of all food. Your group is low on food and is in desperate need of resources. What other locations would you start looking for food or possible supplies to barter with?
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Steven Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
- John Pugliano – Investable Wealth – Investing and Finance
- Gary Collins – PrimalPowerMethod.com – Health and Nutrition (primal/paleo/etc)
- Michael Jordan – The Bee Whisper – All Things Bees
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here