I want to start out by clarifying I am talking about businesses and entrepreneurs who had a chance to succeed in the first place. So a lazy person won’t succeed and a flawed product or service is likely to fail, but we are not talking about that.
I am also not really speaking of the “gig economy” here either. Driving or Uber is entrepreneurial but it does not make you an entrepreneur. It is sort of half and half model and the system itself largely compensates for the primary cause of failure in many true independent entrepreneurial ventures.
What I mean is the person who develops a product or service and attempt to earn revenue by distributing it to customers. The above sentence is broken down into four disciplines….
New entrepreneurs tend to focus on production (the product) and delivery (shipping/download/etc) and largely ignore sales and marketing. This sounds insane and they often disagree, but as you will see today, marketing and sales are something very few people do well. Many succeed in spite of it but in my experience it is the primary cause of failure, especially in solo entrepreneurs.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The “absolute definition” of sales
- The “absolute definition” of marketing
- What effective history teach us about marketing
- An example of how I sell duck eggs for 8 dollars a dozen when others can get 4
- The reality we ignore, if you have never done something you likely have to work hard to become good at it
- How to develop your story
- How to tell your story
- How to develop a process to automate as much as possible
- Why this is important even for many “successful businesses”
- Why this topic may be the most important survival topic of this decade
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.