Today we are going to discuss a permaculture principle many are familiar with, “the problem is the solution” but we are going to do so without really going into what most people see as permaculture. In other words while I may use some analogies to growing crops here, the problems we will discuss are going to be more main stream problems.
The key to making the principal of “the problem is the solution” it two fold.
- Understand this does not mean the problem is not in fact a problem. If we have an actual problem, and we have many of them we need to address it.
- For the principle to work, the problem must be precisely defined in a very accurate manner. If we fail to accurately define the problem we will end up with the saying of many computer programmers, “garbage in, garbage out”.
In my view many times the reason we struggle so hard to solve problems both individual and global is a failure to correctly identify the actual problem. Today I will take on some of the largest and most sensitive topics in our world. Indeed I think you will see, when you properly identify a problem, the solutions to it become very evident, very quickly.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- I want to change the principle from “the problem is the solution” to “the problem defines the solutions”
- Some Big Issues and how we identify the real problem to find the real solutions
- The concept of “white privilege”
- How can we “feed the world”
- How can we provide “health insurance to all”
- How can we solve “wealth inequity”
- How can we solve a “failing school system”
- What this pattern teaches us
- Centralization is often the problem, soooooooo
- Division is always the goal of the elite, sooooooo
- Failure to focus on what we control never fixes anything, sooooo
- The solutions really are often, quite simple, but simple does not mean easy
- Final Thoughts – How you know you accurately defined the problem
- Real solutionS (key on plural) become obvious
- Additionally often you will find the problem is more accurately problemS
- In general said solutions will have a broad consensus vs divisive
- The solutions will be largely decentralized and actionable
- The solutions will run counter to both sides of the main stream dichotomy
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Good Enough – Molly Tuttle
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.