Tim Glance is the owner of Old Grouch Military surplus and a veteran of the US Army where he served for 18 years as a Construction Equipment Mechanic, Wheeled Vehicle mechanic, and now as a Warrant Officer Engineer Equipment Repair Technician still serving in the Army Reserve.
In addition Tim is an ASE certified diesel technician and he collects and restores vintage military vehicles as a hobby. He has been helping people investigate alternative fuels and survival vehicles as for several years.
Today he joins us to discuss “prepper vehicles”, creative solutions for alternative fuel options with diesel motors, basic vehicle maintenance, equipping the prepper vehicle and more.
Join Us Today As We Discuss…
- Why prepper vehicle vs. BOV (bug out vehicle)
- Five factors to look for in a prepper vehicle
- Why diesel and what kind makes sense
- The virtues of the humble and affordable CUCV
- What parts you should always carry with you
- Why you should keep good but cheap tools in your vehicle
- How do you use waste motor oil as fuel
- What are the advantages of using waste oil as fuel
- What are the risks of using waste oil as fuel
- How do you get started learning how to work on your own vehicle
- The advantages of military vehicles in relation to TMs
- What is a “Hi Lift” jack and why should you have one
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Emergency Essentials – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Old Grouch Military Surplus
- The Hi Lift Jack
- The Ready Welder
- CUCV Technical Manual in PDF (right click save as for best results)
- Resources Tim Provided
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.